President's Message: Annual Report
This report summarizes the activities in Chapter 392 for the fiscal year ending in February 2021. It covers the period from 3/1/2020 to 2/28/2021.
- Membership in Chapter 392 increased from 154 to 163 for the year.
- Beginning in April 2020 Chapter membership meetings were suspended due to meeting restrictions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic. Only one in-person meeting was held during the year.
- Beginning in June 2020 we started using Zoom to conduct meetings within the chapter. This was a learning experience and was made more challenging because of different devices and skill levels.
- Both Agent Orange Town Hall meetings scheduled for 2020 had to be cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These are held at the Portland VA Medical Center. Scheduling the next town hall will be dependent on when the facility is reopened for visitors.
- We had to rely on printed mailings, e-newsletters, and our Facebook page to communicate to our members this year.
- The annual elections in April were conducted virtually using an online election tool. We were pleasantly surprised that participation in the election was much higher than the prior year when the elections were in person.
- Our Vet Center was effectively shut down for much of the year due to the coronavirus. This impacted our chapter plus the other veteran non-profits operating at the facility.
- We continue to provide VA claim assistance to all veterans. Because of Covid-19, our referrals were made by phone rather than in person at the Vet Center.
- We continue to enhance our website at www.vva392.org. We also have a chapter Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vva392/.
VVA Chapter 392 President