Annual Report for FY 2018 (March 2018 - February 2019)
The last year has seen exciting changes in Chapter 392. Here are the highlights:
- Membership has increased by 9%, from 128 to 140.
- Our chapter adopted new bylaws and a set of standing rules during the year as well as a set of standard operating procedures. All have been published to our website for member access.
- The chapter sponsored our fifth Agent Orange Town Hall meeting in March of 2018 at the Portland VA Medical Center.
- We are working to improve member communications are hoping to move towards e-mail based communications in 2019.
- We continue to enhance our web presence on our website at www.vva392.org and on our Facebook page.
- In September, we helped to dedicate the Clackamas County Vietnam War Memorial located in Boring, OR. Chapter 392 was a major contributor to the project to build the memorial.
- We completed our second full year in our new Vet Center located on Johnson Creek Blvd. in Portland. The center houses the offices of our chapter and is where we have our meetings. The space has been provided to us by the owner, Crosspoint Auto Auctions.
- The Vet Center also houses other veteran organizations that allow our chapter to reach and assist veterans of all conflicts. These other programs include Fort Kennedy (homeless veterans), a VSO office, Legal Counseling and PTSD America.
- The Vet Center includes a food pantry, clothes closet, haircuts, free laundry service and showers for homeless veterans. In 2018, the programs at our Vet Center helped over 500 veterans of all generations and their families seeking assistance.
- We have a VSO (Ed Van Dyke) at our center for claim assistance twice a month.
VVA Chapter 392 President
P.S. If you haven't received your 50th Anniversary award yet, come to one of our regular chapter meetings or drop by the center on a Tuesday or Thursday morning.